bq. it calls the persistence method asynchronously

Assuming the persistence method is still executing when the next threshold
value is reached, do you have other threads to do persistence ?
If so, how many threads can potentially run at the same time ?

How many regions does the table have ?

What's the distribution of parameter Ids in the input file ? One case is
that the parameter Ids are sequential w.r.t. region boundaries, ending up
with writes region by region.