Hi Team,

I have given "R" permission from hbase shell to namespace "d1" to user
(svura) and group (hadoopdev).

when i logged in as user(svura) to hbase shell . I am unable to find
namespace (d1) since i had given "R" permission.

Below Commands executed as hbase admin:

1. list_namespace from hbase user. (It will list all namespace)
2. grant 'svura','R','@d1'  ( permission to user)
3. grant '@hadoopdev','R','@d1' ( permission to group )
3. Logged in as svura in other terminal listing namespace shows empty.

Note: Even after grant 'RWXC' Also not listing namespace  user(svura). Only
if i give 'RWXCA' to namespace it working.

Please let me know what i am missing here.

Expected solution:

user should only have read permission to namespace(d1) .Should show the
namespace to that user when only grant R permission,

Regards,
San