Thanks you Duo Zhang for the interest.

The example comes from a Java class which actually "migrates" data
from one table in a 0.94 cluster to a 1.2.4 cluster

this is the file:
https://github.com/eolivelli/multi-hbase/blob/master/multi-hbase-client/src/test/java/MigrateHBaseDataExample.java

this can be the foundation for a future migration tool but at this
stage that project is only a proof-of-concept