This is specifically true for Regions metrics such as
    Namespace_hbase_table_meta_region_1657623790_metric_storeCount=1,
Even though the hadoop metrics2 framework allows for "tags' (which are called
dimensions everywhere else) HBase does not take full advantage of that and
instead spews metric names with dimension values embedded in them.
If I'm reading the above metric name correctly, it should have been like the
following:

metric name: storeCount

metric value: 1

dimension (name=value): namespace=hbase

dimension (name=value): table=meta

dimension (name=value): region=1657623790

This way i could slice and dice these records however I wanted whereas now I
have to either live with this limtation or write my own code to break up these
metrics into proper representation