Hi,

I am running an HBase client on a very resource limited machine. In particular numproc is limited so that I frequently get "Cannot create native thread" OOMs. I noticed that, in particular in write situations, the hconnection pool grows into the hundreds of threads - even when at most writing with less than ten application threads. Threads are discarded again after some minutes.

In conjunction with other programs running on that machine, this sometimes leads to an "overload" situation.

Is there a way to keep thread pool usage limited - or in some closer relation with the actual concurrency required?

Thanks,

Henning