The exception is composed this way (see AsyncProcess):

      return new RetriesExhaustedWithDetailsException(new
ArrayList<Throwable>(throwables),
          new ArrayList<Row>(actions), new ArrayList<String>(addresses));

In your case there were 10456 UnknownHostException's.

Was there any other clue in client side log ?
I think one improvement we can do is selectively logging which host(s) was
involved in the UnknownHostException's.

BTW was hbase-site.xml on the classpath of your client ?