Hi

So are you trying to use bucket cache feature in offheap mode with 1.1.2?
If so then it is needed that the MaxDirectMemory is greater than the
offheap bucket cache size.

If you are not using in offheap mode then probably there is no need for
MaxDirectMemory to be greater than bucket cache size.

>>in Hbase 0.98, I had to set -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize less than
hbase.bucket.cache.size
So even in 0.98 you were using bucket cache in offheap mode?

Regards
Ram