I have a large HBase table (~10 TB) that has an existing key structure.
Based on some recent analysis, the key structure is causing performance
problems for our current query load. I would like to re-write the table
with a new key structure that performs substantially better.

What is the best way to go about re-writing this table? Since they key
structure will change, it will affect locality, so all the data will have
to move to a new location. If anyone can point to examples of code that
does something like this, that would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Marcell