Dear HBase Community,

I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce my open source project AntsDB.
It is a database virtualization software that brings MySQL compatibility to
HBase. It means you can use any MySQL bindings such as JDBC, ODBC, PHP, Perl to
manipulate data in HBase. It supports most MySQL DDLs and all DMLs, transaction
control, table locks, row locks etc. Up to date applications such as MySQL
console, MySQL command lines, BenchmarkSQL, MediaWiki, SonarQube, DBeaver,
SquirrelSQL and many others can run directly on HBase using AntsDB layer. The
project is hosted at https://github.com/waterguo/antsdb.

AntsDB is designed to support high concurrency, low latency applications. It
uses local storage as cache so it can further reduce the latency of HBase. We
have benchmarked AntsDB using YCSB. The result is at
http://www.antsdb.com/?p=171.

People always ask me how it is different from Phoenix. While Phoenix is
building a powerful SQL layer for HBase, we want to focus on backward
compatibility. We want to have applications built for MySQL can be used
directly on HBase. And people who are familiar with traditional relational
database can adopt HBase/Hadoop stack with ease.

I’d be very glad if you find the project is useful and your feedback is very
welcome.

Thanks
-water