Hello,
I have a node that had bad disk (1 out of 10). It got replaced, but
permissions were not set correctly. Starting datanode failed (complained
about bad volume), but regionserver got started, and no regions were
assigned.
I fixed the disk permissions problem. Datanode started successfully.
Regionserver started but again no regions being assigned. There are no
tables stuck in transition. Load balancer is enabled. After several
regionserver restarts, still no regions being assigned. Nothing sticking out
in master log. This is from hbase master log re: hb01dn03 node in question:

Regionserver log shows these warnings only:

Hbase version: 1.2.0.
hbase hbck shows 0 incosistencies, ok status.

What could be causing this unassignment of regions?
Do I need to do some manual cleanup in ZK? I get the same warning on each
restart of region server.
Many thanks!

--
Sent from: http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/HBase-User-f4020416.html