Hello, Users.

I use JBOD for data node. Some times the disk in the data node has a problem.

The first time, I shut down all instance include data node and region server in
the machine that has a disk problem.
But It is not a good solution. So I improve the process.

When I detect disk problem in the server. I just perform disk hot swap.

But System administrator complains of some FD that still open so they cannot
remove the disk.
Regionserver has an FD, I use short circuit reads feature. (HBase version 1.2.9)

When we first met this issue, we force unmount disk and remount.
But after this process, kernel report error[1].

So we avoid this issue. purge stale FD.

I think this issue is common.
I want to know how hbase-users deal with this issue.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

Best regards,
Minwoo Kang

[1]:
https://www.thegeekdiary.com/xfs_log_force-error-5-returned-xfs-error-centos-rhel-7/