Looks like you're running a third party company's distribution of HBase. I'd recommend you start by engaging them for support.

Architecturally, HBase does very little when there is no client load applied to the system. If you're experiencing OOME's when the system is idle, that sounds like you might have some kind of basic misconfiguration.