Hi,

after some updates I want to reboot our hbase (2.1.4)/hadoop(3.1.2)
cluster.
Its 8 nodes, 3 master server (2 backup masters) and 5 region servers
Hadoop is a HA setup, datanodes and region servers on same machines.

What is the preferred way of a rolling restart? I have read the docu
about it, but I'm unsure.

Is this a correct way?

* first the region servers, for each region server:
-- stop the balancer
-- graceful stop the region server
-- stop the datanode (hadoop-daemon stop ...)
-- reboot node
-- start datanode (hadoop-daemon start ...)
-- start region server (hbase daemon start...)

*then for the master server (and namenodes)
- stop backup master
- stop namenode (on node where the backup master was stopped)
- reboot node
- start namenode
- start master server

-do this for the second backup master again
- do this for the active master

On the namenodes the are the journal nodes running, at what point do I
have to stop / start them? Or are they started by the namenode itself?

Thanks for helping
 Michael