Hi,

When I run hive queries, everything finishes successfully but in the
jobtracker UI, I see a lot of failed/killed task attempts. For example
I have a simple query that finishes in 4 minutes. On the jobtracker UI
here are the map and reduce stats:

MAP - Num Tasks: 138, Complete: 138, Failed/Killed Task Attempts: 0/41
REDUCE - Num Tasks: 20, Complete: 20, Failed/Killed Task Attempts: 0/3

I don't see any error messages for the tasks that are in the KILLED
category. It looks as if it ran just fine. I guess I don't understand
what the above stats mean.

The Failed/Killed numbers always seem proportional to the total number
of tasks (and to the length of the entire job to an extent). Does
anybody have any insight into this?

Thanks,
Vijay