Hello,

I am running a cloudera hadoop/hbase cluster. I trying to integrate hive with
that.
I need multiple (read) accesses to hive per Java/jdbc-client. Is this possible
in any way?
Following this http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/HiveServer it might not be
possible...
But what does it means exactly "The HiveServer is currently single threaded,
which could present serious use limitations"...
If the hive server does it sequentially with correct results its ok for me.
See also this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-80 (entry 27/Jan/11 15:38)

My initial plan was to get the concurrent accesses through multiple java
clients in embded mode. This seems not to work with a cluster unfortunately.
Seems "embedded mode" means it only works in hadoop embedded mode (without
hdfs/cluster) on a single maschine.
I always get
 INFO metastore.HiveMetaStore: 0: Opening raw store with implemenation
class:null
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.getClass(HiveMetaStore.java:472)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.getMS(HiveMetaStore.java:354)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.executeWithRetry(HiveMetaStore.java:306)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.createDefaultDB(HiveMetaStore.java:451)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.init(HiveMetaStore.java:232)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.<init>(HiveMetaStore.java:191)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.service.HiveServer$HiveServerHandler.<init>(HiveServer.java:80)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.<init>(HiveConnection.java:84)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver.connect(HiveDriver.java:110)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582)

Any clues?

Thanks
labtrax