Hi,

The original CDH3U1 release of Hive contained a configuration bug which we
recently fixed in an update. You can get the update by refreshing your Hive
packages. Afterwards please verify that you are using the following Hive
package: hive-0.7.1+42.9

You can also fix the problem by modifying your hive-site.xml file to include
the following setting:

mapred.max.split.size=256000000

Thanks.

Carl