fyi
--- 11年12月14日,周三, Bing Li <lib...@yahoo.com.cn> 写道:

发件人: Bing Li <lib...@yahoo.com.cn>
主题: a potential bug in HIVE/HADOOP ? -- MetaStore, createDatabase()
收件人: "hive dev list" <d...@hive.apache.org>
日期: 2011年12月14日,周三,下午8:32

Hi, developers
When I ran Hive UT with the candidate build of Hive-0.8.0, I found that
TestEmbeddedHiveMetaStore and TestRemoteHiveMetaStore always FAILED with ROOT
account while PASS with NON-ROOT account.

I took a look at the source code of TestHiveMetaStore, and found that

      fs.mkdirs(
          new Path(HiveConf.getVar(hiveConf,
HiveConf.ConfVars.METASTOREWAREHOUSE) + "/test"),
          new FsPermission((short) 0));
 client.createDatabase(db);   // always create the db with ROOT

Does HIVE UT only support NON-ROOT account? Otherwise, I think it maybe a
potential defect/bug in HADOOP/HIVE.

Thanks,
- Bing