From handheld, Please excuse typos.

-----Original Message-----
From: John B <johnb4...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 10:59:09
To: <user@hive.apache.org>
Subject: parallel inserts ?

Other sql datbases typically can parallelize selects but are unable to
automatically parallelize inserts.

With the most recent stable hiveql will the following statement have
the --insert-- automatically parallelized ?

 INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE pv_gender
 SELECT pv_users.gender
 FROM pv_users

I understand there is now 'insert into ..select from' syntax. Is the
insert part of that statement automatically parallelized ?

What is the highest insert speed anybody has seen - and I am not
talking about imports I mean inserts from one table to another ?