From: bejoy...@yahoo.com [mailto:bejoy...@yahoo.com]
Sent: 29 February 2012 11:08
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hive | HBase Integration

Hi Rinku
Were you able to create a normal table within your hive without any issues? By
Normal table I mean the one that has data dir in hdfs not in HBase.
Regards
Bejoy K S

________________________________
From: "Garg, Rinku" <rinku.g...@fisglobal.com<mailto:rinku.g...@fisglobal.com>>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 05:29:12 +0000
To:
user@hive.apache.org<user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org%3cu...@hive.apache.org>>;
 Bejoy Ks<bejoy...@yahoo.com<mailto:bejoy...@yahoo.com>>
ReplyTo: user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>

Hi ,

We tried the same also by issuing the below mentioned command but command does
not executes completely and a new command line is shown with an asterisk (*),
and table does not gets created.

CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE hive_hbasetable_k(key int, value string) STORED BY
'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler' WITH SERDEPROPERTIES
("hbase.columns.mapping" = ":key,cf1:val") TBLPROPERTIES ("hbase.table.name" =
"hivehbasek");

Please suggest.

Thanks
Rinku Garg