The only version feature list I have found so far is the JIRA logs, which are a
little difficult to make sense of since they get pretty detailed.  I'm curious
from a straight-forward high-level "sales-pitch" perspective what advantages
0.8.1 offers over 0.7.1.  I ask because I generally use CDH3 and it provides
0.7.1.  I'm curious if I should use a more recent version of Hive with the
version of Hadoop in CDH3 (0.20.2).

Thanks.

Keith Wiley     kwi...@keithwiley.com     keithwiley.com    music.keithwiley.com

"Yet mark his perfect self-contentment, and hence learn his lesson, that to be
self-contented is to be vile and ignorant, and that to aspire is better than to
be blindly and impotently happy."
                                           --  Edwin A. Abbott, Flatland