On Apr 4, 2012, at 06:40 , John Omernik wrote:

> I think the like statement should be changed to be case-insensitive to match
> it's function in other DBMS  Thoughts?

Out of curiosity, was there any activity on this issue?  I see John's original
post in the archives (~5wks ago) with no followups.  I'm generally curious
about HiveQL's similarities and differences w.r.t. other SQL environments, so
questions like this are of interest to me as well.

Cheers!

Keith Wiley     kwi...@keithwiley.com     keithwiley.com    music.keithwiley.com

sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
                                           --  Galileo Galilei