On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 12:45 AM, Lars Francke <lars.fran...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> has anyone managed to get Hive properly set up in IntelliJ? I've tried
> but so far I've failed to get it running with Ivy and its
> dependencies.

I managed, but it wasn't easy. I let it do the original import, but then
had to fix up the dependencies between modules to get everything compiling.
The big problem was the stubs for the hadoop versions. I had everything
depend on hadoop-0.20, the version specific stubs put their own hadoop
version above that, no other modules depended on the version specific stubs.

It would be great to move Hive over to maven, which makes the intellij
integration much easier.

-- Owen