Hi, there

I'm writing mapreduce to replace some hive query and I find that my mapper is slow than hive's mapper. The Hive query is like:

select sum(column1) from table group by column2, column3;

My mapreduce program likes this:

public static class HiveTableMapper extends Mapper<BytesWritable, Text, MyKey, DoubleWritable> {

public void map(BytesWritable key, Text value, Context context) throws IOException, InterruptedException { String[] sLine = StringUtils.split(value.toString(), StringUtils.ESCAPE_CHAR, HIVE_FIELD_DELIMITER_CHAR); context.write(new MyKey(Integer.parseInt(sLine[0]), sLine[1]), new DoubleWritable(Double.parseDouble(sLine[2])));
        }

    }

I assume hive is doing something similar. Is there any trick in hive to speed this thing up? Thank you!

Best,