From: Robin Verlangen [mailto:ro...@us2.nl]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 3:17 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Problem importing data

Hi there,

We're trying to load in lots of data into Hive, however the import command
fails:

WARNING: org.apache.hadoop.metrics.jvm.EventCounter is deprecated. Please use
org.apache.hadoop.log.metrics.EventCounter in all the log4j.properties files.
Logging initialized using configuration in
jar:file:/usr/lib/hive/lib/hive-common-0.8.1-cdh4.0.1.jar!/hive-log4j.properties
Hive history file=/tmp/root/hive_job_log_root_201209171144_892417749.txt
Copying data from file:/root/tmpdatasiphon/1347875082.txt
Copying file: file:/root/tmpdatasiphon/1347875082.txt
Failed with exception java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.api.InvalidOperationException cannot be cast
to java.lang.RuntimeException
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MoveTask
Oops, exit with status 9

Does anyone have a clue? Permissions are like this:

[root@mymachine ~]# hdfs dfs -ls /user/hive/
Found 2 items
drwxrwxrwx   - hdfs supergroup          0 2012-09-17 11:15 /user/hive/tmp
drwxrwxrwx   - hdfs supergroup          0 2012-09-17 11:18 /user/hive/warehouse

Best regards,

Robin Verlangen
Software engineer

W http://www.robinverlangen.nl
E ro...@us2.nl<mailto:ro...@us2.nl>

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachments is
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee and may be
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are reminded that the
information remains the property of the sender. You must not use, disclose,
distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If you have received this
message in error, please contact the sender immediately and irrevocably delete
this message and any copies.