Long subject, I know.. let me explain a bit more about the problem:

I'm trying to load a file into a hive table (this is on an EMR instance)
for that I create an external table, and I set the location to the folder
on an s3 bucket, where the file resides.
The problem is that even though the table is created correctly, when I do a
"select * from table" it returns nothing. I'm not seeing errors on the logs
either, so I don't know what can be happening....

Also, probably important: I'm using a custom SerDe that I did not
write...but I do have the code for it.

I'm quite new to hive, so I appreciate any kind of pointers you can throw
at me.

Thanks!
Fernando Doglio