Hi Bejoy,

The input files are non-compressed text file.
There are enough free slots in the cluster.

Can you please let me know can I increase the no of mappers?
I tried reducing the HDFS block size to 32 MB from 128 MB. I was expecting
to get more mappers. But still it's launching same no of mappers like it
was doing while the HDFS block size was 128 MB. I have enough map slots
available, but not being able to utilize those.

Thanks and regards,
Souvik.