From: Frank Luo <j...@merkleinc.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 16:49:01
To: user@hive.apache.org<user@hive.apache.org>
Subject: how does hive find where is MR job tracker

I have a cloudera cluster, version 4.2.0.

In the hive configuration, I have "MapReduce Service" set to "mapreduce1",
which is my MR service.

However, without setting "mapred.job.tracker", whenever I run hive command, it
always sends the job to a wrong job tracker. Here is the error:

java.net.ConnectException: Call From hqhd01ed01.pclc0.merkle.local/10.129.2.52
to hqhd01ed01.pclc0.merkle.local:8021 failed on connection exception:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused; For more details see:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ConnectionRefused

        at

And the Cloudera Manager doesn't allow me to manually set "mapred.job.tracker".
So my question is how to make Hive point to the right job tracker without
setting ""mapred.job.tracker" every time.

PS. Not sure it matters, but I did move the job tracker from machine A to
machine B.

Thx!