Hi All-
I was hoping to gather some insight in how the hadoop (and or hive) job
scheduler distributes mappers per user. I am running into an issue where I
see that hadoop (and or hive) is evenly distributing mappers per user
instead of per job.

For example:
-We have 1000 mapper capacity
-10 Jobs are running  total under User A
-Each job is using 100 mappers
-User B starts a job
-User B's job is allocated 250 mappers
-User A's jobs decrease to 75 mappers each instead of 100

What could be causing this allocation to occur by user and job, instead of
just by job. I reviewed the hive/hadoop documentation and wasn't able to
find any references to distributing jobs by user.

All of the jobs are being executed within the hive shell, or using the hive
command.

Thanks,
Brad