From: Haldar, Shouvanik
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 12:39 AM
To: 'user@hive.apache.org'
Subject: RE: error executing the tutorial ->
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveAws+HivingS3nRemotely

Hi Nitin,

Please help me with the below?

Thanks,
Shouvanik

From: Haldar, Shouvanik
Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2013 2:30 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveAws+HivingS3nRemotely

Hi ,

I tried to set the parameters inside hive-site.xml on the node from where I am
running hive. Even "hive>set;" command showed me that the parameters were
successfully set. Yet, when running hive "CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE...", I am
getting the following error

FAILED: Error in metadata:
MetaException(message:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: AWS Access Key ID and
Secret Access Key must be specified as the username or password (respectively)
of a s3n URL, or by setting the fs.s3n.awsAccessKeyId or
fs.s3n.awsSecretAccessKey properties (respectively).)
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask

Please help.

Thanks,
Shouvanik