Hi Sanjay, thanks for the suggestion.

There are no partitions on either table.

From: Sanjay Subramanian [mailto:sanjay.subraman...@wizecommerce.com]
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 8:19 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: Execution failed with exit status: 3

Hi Nick

How many partitions are there in table t1 and table t2
If there are many partitions in either t1 or t2 or both can u mod your query as
follows and see if the error comes up

SELECT

T1.somecolumn,

T2.someothercolumn

FROM

    (SELECT * FROM t1 WHERE partition_column1='<some_val>') T1

JOIN

    (SELECT * FROM t2 WHERE partition_column2='<some_val>') T2

ON (T1.idfield=T2.idfield)

Thanks
Regards

sanjay