Hi all,

I'm using hive-12. I have a file that contains 10 integer columns stored in
ORC format. The ORC file is zlib compressed and indexing is enabled.
I'm running a simple select count(*) with a predicate of the form (Col1 =0
OR col2 = 0 etc). The predicate touches all 10 columns but its selectivity
is 0 (none of the records in the file
satisfy the predicate). I have set the hive.optimize.ppd property to true.
For this query basically none of the stripes should be read. However after
the MR job finishes, I can see that the whole file has been read. Why is
that? Is there any other parameter that I should enable for predicate
pushdown/indexing to work?

Thanks,
Avrilia