I mentioned that as it scanned all files based on hdfs bytes read.. Table
is not compressed and hdfs bytes read matched the data size in the
partition.

I had bucketing enabled.   But somehow when I joined with another table it
had long tail issue where most of the data went to single reducer.   Hence
I thought of using skewed join..