Well, to be honest, it's the first time I've ever set it up, so I'm not
entirely sure what constitutes "extra", but I followed the wiki...

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStarted

... and didn't seem to have too many problems... There were probably a few
settings I had to tinker with, but it seems to be working fine now...

Cheers,

Frank

--
Frank Davidson