Hi,

thank you all for your replies.

I switched to using 'hive.io.filter.text' inline with Peters reply. I also
applied the filter negotiation mechanism (HiveStoragePredicateHandler) in
my storage handler. It works very well (so far) even though the filter
negotiation mechanism is a bit limited in the allowed expression. I'll
bring up that question in a separate thread.

Br,
Petter

2013/12/5 Peter Marron <peter.mar...@trilliumsoftware.com>

>  Hi,
>

> Sorry for the late reply.
>
> Maybe the property ‘hive.io.filter.expr.serialized’ is something that can
> help?
>
> It works for me, and it certainly works in the case where the query does
> not
>
> result in a Map/Reduce (which is something that I rely on).
>

> (If you google you should be able to find out about it.)
>

> Regards,
>

> *Peter Marron*
>
> Senior Developer, Research & Development
>

> Office: +44 *(0) 118-940-7609*  peter.mar...@trilliumsoftware.com
>
> Theale Court First Floor, 11-13 High Street, Theale, RG7 5AH, UK
>
>    <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trillium-Software/109184815778307>
>
>  <https://twitter.com/TrilliumSW>
>
>  <http://www.linkedin.com/company/17710>
>

> *www.trilliumsoftware.com <http://www.trilliumsoftware.com/>*
>
> Be Certain About Your Data. Be Trillium Certain.

<<image001.png>>

<<image002.png>>

<<image004.png>>

<<image003.png>>