Okay, I'm convinced that one-year terms for the chair are reasonable.
 Thanks for the reassurance, Edward and Thejas.

Is 24h rule is needed at all? In other projects, I've seen patches simply
> reverted by author (or someone else). It's a rare occurrence, and it should
> be possible to revert a patch if someone -1s it after commit, esp. within
> the same 24 hours when not many other changes are in.

Sergey makes a good point, but the 24h rule seems helpful in prioritizing
tasks.  We're all deadline-driven, right?

I'm the chief culprit of seeing "patch available" and ignoring it until it
has been committed.  Then if I find some minor typo or doc issue, I'm
embarrassed at posting a comment after the commit because nobody wants to
revert a patch just for documentation.

-- Lefty