Thanks a Lot Edward.  constantobjectinspector solved my problem.  It works now.

Regards,
Murali.

On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 10:29 AM, Edward Capriolo
<edlinuxg...@gmail.com> wrote:

if and only if the number is truely a constant, you can use the constant Object
Inspector in initialize. The value but be a constant at query compile time.
So this should work:
myudtf(5,xpathsfile);

THhis can not work
myudtf(colx,xpathsfile);