Hi Lefty-
Thanks for the update. Here is the updated code which has a little bit more
description of the methods available:

import pyhs2

with pyhs2.connect(host='localhost',
                   port=10000,
                   authMechanism="PLAIN",
                   user='root',
                   password='test',
                   database='default') as conn:
    with conn.cursor() as cur:
        #Show databases
        print cur.getDatabases()
        #Execute query
        cur.execute("select * from table")
        #Return column info from query
        print cur.getSchema()
        #Fetch table results
        for i in cur.fetch():
            print i
In addition the driver has been certified for use with Python 2.6 and newer.

Here are a few other urls we should reference in other languages
(Please note not maintained by me):
https://github.com/forward3d/rbhive
https://github.com/forward/node-hive (not sure if it's maintained)
https://github.com/wdavidw/node-thrift-hive