Hi Bryan

HIVE-5991 is a writer bug. From the exception I see that exception happens
while reading the ORC file. It might happen that its trying to read a corrupted
ORC file.
Are you trying to read the old ORC file after applying this patch? Since it is
a writer bug, the ORC file needs to be regenerated. Can you try regenerating
the file and see if it happens again?

Thanks
Prasanth Jayachandran

--