Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 07:18:32 -0800
From: kumarbuyonl...@yahoo.com
Subject: java.lang.RuntimeException: cannot find field key from [0:_col0,
1:_col2, 2:_col3]
To: user@hive.apache.org

Hi,       I have a UDTF which works fine except when I do a query like the
following :
select e.* from mytable LATERAL VIEW myfunc(p1,p2,p3,p4) e  as f1,f2,f3,f4
where lang=123 and e.f3 <> null;
The error I see is:
java.lang.RuntimeException: cannot find field key from [0:_col0, 1:_col2,
 2:_col3]

If i remove 'and e.f3 <> null' from the WHERE clause, it works fine.
Also, with e.f3 <> null in the WHERE clause, if I add the setting
hive.optimize.ppd=false
 it works fine, but now, instead of using 600 mappers, it uses about 10,000
mappers and runs for more than 2 hours instead of a few minutes.
I am using hive 0.10.  I saw the jira HIVE-3226 which says that it has been
fixed in hive 0.10.  Is this the bug that I am hitting now ?Any other ideas of
how to make it work ? I am
 actually on CDH 4.4 which has hive 0.10.
Please let me know.
Thanks,Murali.