We use Hive-0.12 and are planning to use HiveServer2 with cloudera Hue. The
scenario is like this. There are frequent additions of Hive UDFs by users
and this requires frequent Hive deployment. To pick up these changes, we
need to restart HiveServer2.
When we submit a query to HiveServer2, the job is killed whenever we
restart HiveServer. So, basically, we find no way to persist the query
while picking up these Hive UDF changes. Is there a way to persist a query
with HS2 restart or not requiring to restart HS2 for picking up new changes.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Ashu