Hi Mayur,

The reason why you see single file is, you have not enabled storing skewed
columns/values as directories.
You can do the following to enable storing the skewed columns and values as
directories

set hive.mapred.supports.subdirectories=true;
set mapred.input.dir.recursive=true;
create tablet1(r1 string, r2 string) skewed by (r2) on (‘a’) stored as
directories;

This will enable you to store the skewed columns as directories below

/user/hive/warehouse/t1/r2=a/000000_0 (skewed values go here)
/user/hive/warehouse/t1/HIVE_DEFAULT_LIST_BUCKETING_DIR_NAME/000000_0 (all
other values go here)

With respect to your desc extended question where skewedColValueLocationMaps is
empty, its a bug in implementation. I just verified that it shows empty for
unpartitioned tables. But it shows correctly for partitioned tables.
I have created a bug for unpartitioned tables here which you can track for
progress on this issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-6968

Thanks
Prasanth Jayachandran

--