As far as i know you cannot do that and most likely you don't need it, here
are sample mappings between the two systems:
Teradata
                Hive
  DECIMAL(x,y)  double  DATE,TIMESTAMP  timestamp  INTEGER,SMALLINT,BYTINT
int  VARCHAR,CHAR  string  DECIMAL(x,0)  bigint

I would typically stage data in hadoop as all string and then move it to
hive managed/orc with the above mapping.