unsubscribe

-----Original Message-----
From: John Omernik [mailto:j...@omernik.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 2, 2014 1:01 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Fwd: Files Per Partition Causing Slowness

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Omernik <j...@omernik.com>
Date: Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: Files Per Partition Causing Slowness
To: user@hive.apache.org

Thank you Edward, I knew the number of partitions mattered,  but I didn't think
1000 would be to much.  However, I didn't realize the number of files per
partition was also a fact prior to job submission.
I am looking at reducing some of those now too.

Out of curiosity, if I have a per day partition for three years of data, how
would I setup bucketing to keep my partitions lower? I am struggling to find a
way to approach this problem.

Thanks!