Hi,

I am trying to get Tez sessions enabled with HS2. I start the HiveServer2
instance with the flag "-hiveconf hive.execution.engine=tez" and then try
to submit multiple queries one after another, as the same user, to the HS2
instance.

When i check the YARN UI, i find that each query of mine is launched as a
new YARN application. While the new Tez application is running, the old Tez
applications are still alive. This is different from Tez session in Hive
CLI, where multiple queries are submitted to the same Tez application (if
launched within the Tez session timeout).

I followed the config instructions at
http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.1.2/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm-chap-tez-configure_hive_for_tez.html
so far.

Is there a separate config flag that i need to turn on for Tez sessions on
HS2? How should i enable Tez sessions with HiveServer2.

-pala