Hi,
    Any ideas on how to go about this ? Any insights you have would be helpful.
I am kinda stuck here.
Here are the steps I followed on hive 0.13
1) create table t (f1 String, f2 string) stored as Parquet;2) upload parquet
files with 2 fields3) select * from t; <---- Works fine.4) alter table t add
columns (f3 string);5) Select * from t; <----- ERROR  "Caused by:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Column f3 at index 2 does not exist at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.parquet.read.DataWritableReadSupport.init(DataWritableReadSupport.java:116)
  at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.parquet.read.ParquetRecordReaderWrapper.getSplit(ParquetRecordReaderWrapper.java:204)
  at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.parquet.read.ParquetRecordReaderWrapper.<init>(ParquetRecordReaderWrapper.java:79)
  at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.parquet.read.ParquetRecordReaderWrapper.<init>(ParquetRecordReaderWrapper.java:66)
  at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.parquet.MapredParquetInputFormat.getRecordReader(MapredParquetInputFormat.java:51)
  at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.CombineHiveRecordReader.<init>(CombineHiveRecordReader.java:65)

     On Wednesday, January 7, 2015 2:55 PM, Kumar V <kumarbuyonl...@yahoo.com>