Hi Team,

Here is old thread about this issue:
http://qnalist.com/questions/5091386/doubt-about-locking-mechanism-in-hive

I met the same issue that when reading one table in session A, we can not
create a table in the same database in session B. Basically it causes
database level lock in Hive 0.13 when hive.support.concurrency=true.

Minimum reproduce:
--Session A:

create table passwords (col0 string, col1 string, col2 string, col3 string,
col4 string,
col5 string, col6 string) ROW FORMAT DELIMITED FIELDS TERMINATED BY ":";
load data local inpath "/etc/passwd" into table passwords;

select count(*) from passwords a,passwords b, passwords c, passwords d
where a.col0=b.col0
and a.col0=c.col0
and a.col0=d.col0;

--Session B:

hive> create table test(id int);
conflicting lock present for default mode EXCLUSIVE

*Is this fixed or any jira related?*

www.openkb.info
(Open KnowledgeBase for Hadoop/Database/OS/Network/Tool)