Hello all,

I'm using a custom StorageHandler and custom SerDe to run Hive against a
table stored in Accumulo.  My data structure in accumulo stores elements as
arrays instead of as single object.    This works great when just selecting
the data, such as "select * from table".  But when I try to add one of
these columns to my where clause as in "select * from table where
ip=192.168.1.1" I get the following failure.

 [Error 10016]: Line 5:6 Argument type mismatch 'ip': The 1st argument of
EQUAL  is expected to a primitive type, but list is found

I want to find objects where any element in the array matches the string
that I am providing.   I will later want to do more complicated things like
using the like expression against every element of the array.  I understand
why this is happening, but I am not sure how to more forward.  Do I need to
register an additional function in the FunctionRegistry or something?

Any help and code samples will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vincent