From: Jeff Zhang [mailto:zjf...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 7 July 2015 4:22 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: multiple users for hive access

Hive support multiple user scenario as long as the metadata store support
multiple user access. By default hive use derby embedded mode which don't
support multiple user access. You can configure it to server mode or use other
metadata store like mysql etc.  Here's the tutorial for how to configure derby
server mode

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveDerbyServerMode

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Jack Yang