Hello,

I have a query that used to work fine previously. I am testing on hive 1.1
now and it is failing. The AWS access and secret key have permissions to
read and write data to this directory. The directory exists.

hive -e " insert overwrite directory
's3n://<access_key>:<secret_key>@my_bucket/a/b/2015-07-30' SELECT * FROM
my_table WHERE date='2015-07-30';"

The errors that I get are:

1) I believe this is a non-critical error by reading the hive archives.
Logging initialized using configuration in
jar:file:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.4.3-1.cdh5.4.3.p0.6/jars/hive-common-1.1.0-cdh5.4.3.jar!/hive-log4j.properties
-chgrp: '' does not match expected pattern for group
Usage: hadoop fs [generic options] -chgrp [-R] GROUP PATH...

2) This, I believe is critical and the query fails:
Moving data to:
s3n://<access_key>:<secret_key>@my_bucket/a/b/2015-07-30/.hive-staging_hive_2015-08-04_18-38-47_649_1476668515119011800-1/-ext-10000
Failed with exception Wrong FS:
s3n://<access_key>:<secret_key>@my_bucket/a/b/2015-07-30/.hive-staging_hive_2015-08-04_18-38-47_649_1476668515119011800-1/-ext-10002,
expected: hdfs://somemachine.qe1.blah.com:8020
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MoveTask

Do you have any advice how I can fix this? Is this a known issue?

Thanks!
--py