I’m running a Hive query over JDBC in a Java app that I wrote. I want to be
able to turn off task conversion as I am looking to stream the data back. I
thought I could do that by using the following JDBC URL: jdbc:hive2://
192.168.132.128:10000/default?hive.fetch.task.conversion=none. My SQL
statement has an ORDER BY in it, but other than that it is just a straight
up “SELECT * FROM <table name>”. The task conversion is still occurring,
and that causes the job to blow up, because the table has 30+ million rows
in it. I just want to stream the data so I can take advantage of the fetch
size and read the data in batches.